Cm870 VGT issue
11-06-2018, (Subject: Cm870 VGT issue ) 
RE: Cm870 VGT issue
So unfortunately this will the last update as the truck got wrecked pretty badly few days ago and probably will be written off. Anyways before that I ended replacing the control valve and shut off valve which seemed to control the spike mostly with the external regulator removed, but would still close the turbo too much at times and seemingly whenever it felt like it choking itself out and rolling coal so to speak. Idling the turbo would be fully open, halfway, or closed like it couldn't decide what position it wanted to be in.

I was made aware that the orientation of the center housing to the turbine section was the most likely reason for the actuator arm's stiff movement due to the vg ring fins dragging against the turbine section where they go into. Which I hadn't have a chance to try due to heading out and not wanting to risk breaking a clamp on short notice or midtrip. Unfortunately I won't ever find out if it was a ECM issue or a reorientation of the center section of the turbo was needed.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm870 VGT issue - marek4792 - 10-28-2018,
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Unilevers - 10-28-2018,
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Rawze - 10-28-2018,
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - marek4792 - 11-06-2018
RE: Cm870 VGT issue - Rawze - 11-06-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.