So who here does all of their own tire work?
11-07-2018, (Subject: So who here does all of their own tire work? ) 
RE: So who here does all of their own tire work?
I've purchased more than a few 11R22.5's for my Freightliner straight truck many years ago.
I use it mostly for storage now. That hydraulic lift is dandy for getting tires up in there.

I once purchased All position Michelins for $200 each (new) and grabbed both pickup and trailer full, on fleabay. From a dealer in Clinton, OK.

Chicago Tire (fleabay name) has great prices and include shipping. They sell their own re-tread and new Made in USA brands.

My local guys refused to mount my tires. Some work is better than none, right???.
They told me to scoot and I did.
Right to Youtube where a young girl was mounting and dismounting a large tire, as heavy as she was.
I watched many videos for several hours...did some research and bought a Ken-Tool
"Serpent tool" on Amazon.com. and goodies (valves and lubricant) from Meyer Tire supply (online).

I made my own Cheetah beading tool from a Red colored 10-15 gallon Walmart tire inflator, a large butterfly valve and factory replacement nozzle from Cheetah tools.
A $400 tool cost me about $100 and an afternoon to make.

On a saturday evening I mounted ten 11R22.5 tires. the first took about an hour with much swearing.
The neighbors came out when first using the Cheetah tool. Its loud to say the least.....! ! !

The last tire was done almost as fast as the young girl in the video.
I swear her tire had been boiled in grease.

The KenTool "serpent" ( two tools, mount and dismount) was the least expensive tool ( $100) that actually works.
Some "used" mounting "spoons" on fleabay for essentially nothing are great once you have the
some practice. I now have both ( Meyer tire supply) and mount tires, from fleabay, on my Nissan pickup.
The TNT "Golden" Tool is the most expensive, a set was $600.00 and great if one does this stuff daily.

An OTC torque multiplier (hand crank Knock-off) loosens the most stubborn lug nuts.
I've saved THOUSANDS. Next to fuel...doing your own (formerly expensive) tires is most satisfying, and cost effective.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So who here does all of their own tire work? - Diesel_Pusher - 11-07-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.