Algae in fuel
11-08-2018, (Subject: Algae in fuel ) 
RE: Algae in fuel
(11-08-2018 )RJBKSU Wrote:  We have a farm truck we bought in 2017. It is used and has 500,000 miles on it. International with isx cm 870. We fought an algae problem all through harvest adding a treatment called killem to get rid of the crap and changed filters when needed. We add the product at every fill up and try to keep the tanks full as possible. Never seemed to clear up so before harvest this fall we drained both fuel tanks and filled with clean fuel continued using the product at every fill up and we are religious about adding Howes at every fill up also. It helped a little but still have fuel with a black tint to it after we started running it again. Could it be the stuff is on the inside of the tanks and they need to be removed and steam cleaned out or just keep running the product and it will clear up eventually. This is what some people we have talked to have said but i am not convinced. Or is there a better product to use. Thank you for any replies.
Yes it could very well be the build up of the crud in the tanks.

I dealt with this to the 3rd degree starting out with my first truck and did not even know that diesel had/has an algae or bacteria problem when sitting for so long. When I treated the tanks with Bio Kleen it certainly killed whatever crap was in the tanks but for two months after that my Davco fuel filter plugged up all the time. Quite a bit at first but eventually got better and longer in between. By the end I then noticed when looking in the tanks I could start seeing the alumminum when looking inside the tanks.... THERE WAS THAT MUCH CRAP BUILT UP ON THE SIDE WALLS!!!!

Have not had a problem at all with fuel bacteria/algae since that happened. It was actually much worse than what I explained but I am making it short and to the point.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RJBKSU , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
Algae in fuel - RJBKSU - 11-08-2018,
RE: Algae in fuel - Volvo8873 - 11-08-2018
RE: Algae in fuel - smorgan87 - 11-08-2018,
RE: Algae in fuel - smorgan87 - 11-08-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.