CM2250 Regen Confusion
04-29-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
CM2250 Regen Confusion
Hey guys, So, I just got my Insite up and running and the first thing I wanted to check was my Aftertreatment History. It did not look good. I don't have any check engine lights and the truck has never asked me to do a parked regen. Also, my fuel mileage is fairly normal. I also do not idle the truck, unless it is zero degrees outside. All of the regens from 2-10 are all passive regens. However, the truck has been regening about every 4 hours or roughly 175 miles. Take a look.

So, I decided to do a forced regen the same way Rawze did it in his YouTube video. The final results are Regen #1 above. Now, I know in the YouTube video, the engine is a CM871 and I have a CM2250. But I'm curious why some of the numbers are so much different. Does something look wrong here? I'm looking at the Exhaust Gas Pressure, Intake Manifold Pressure, and Turbo RPM. They are much higher on my engine than the one in the YouTube video.

I took a picture of the screen every 5 mins, but the values do not change very much. So I did not include those pictures. The only time something happened was at minute 42, 50, 59, 67, and 75 the injector would turn off, the DPF intake filter temp would drop to around 550 degrees, and then the injector would turn back on again, bringing the exhaust temps back up to around 1100 degrees. Not sure if that is normal or not. Overall, the forced regen took 88 minutes. I'm not really sure why it took so long. I plan on doing an EGR/sensors cleaning/tune-up soon, but I just wanted to check out the after treatment system first so I have a before and after comparison. I'm thinking an EGR tune-up will help, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

For those that want to know, the truck is a 2013 Volvo 670 with 360k miles. I've had the truck since new. It was my company truck for three years until it was time to trade in. Long story short, I was unhappy with the direction my company was going with their equipment, so I decided to purchase my company Volvo last October. The DPF was cleaned when I purchased the truck at 290k miles.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM2250 Regen Confusion - Billdozer2 - 04-29-2016
RE: CM2250 Regen Confusion - Unilevers - 04-29-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.