Repowering a Peterbuilt
11-10-2018, (Subject: Repowering a Peterbuilt ) 
Repowering a Peterbuilt
Here’s the skinny. Monday or Tuesday I’ll find out weather my rebuilt isx has a bad block or not.

Please no engine bashing here ! This is an either or and pros and cons of my question specifically. I don’t want suggestions about anything except the two motors I’m about to ask the question about.

Sooooo,,,,,, to the question? What do I do from here? My thoughts.

No caterpillars because I don’t want an accert motor and anything earlier is just way to expensive.
This is pre meditated that this will be at my expense......

Do I “assuming my block is a boat anchor?” Get another block and put all my new parts in it or sell the parts and repowerr with a 14.7 Detroit?

My Pete currently has and was borne with a Cummins ISX and was rebuilt 280 miles ago.
I’m 98% certain the block has a cracked oil journal and has to be replaced.

I have and operate 3 trucks
1 06 379 w/isx
2 02 w900 w/isx
3 06 fld 120 with DDEC V

My Cummins ISX is very anemic compared to my Detroit and so far the Detroit costs less to operate and maintain by the ecm it has 1.3 million miles and going strong and the Cummins need more maintenance, costs more to operate, parts cost more, and needs rebuilt sooner than Detroit’s do.

If I sell my isx or parts to help fund and buy a lightly used or rebuilt Detroit how hard is it to repower a truck from a Cummins to a Detroit? What is involved in the switch and is it cost affective not including the motor it’s self?

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Repowering a Peterbuilt - Peashooter67 - 11-10-2018
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt - Unilevers - 11-11-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.