Repowering a Peterbuilt
11-11-2018, (Subject: Repowering a Peterbuilt ) 
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt
The answers above are what I’m looking for.

Especially if you have been there done that. I can easily buy the wire conversion to change with plug and plat as well. Besides the wire harness what else is involved.

If there is any benefit to repower even if I put a redhead n14 in inplace of my isx.
I have been Priceng replacement blocks at around 3k and DDEC v at about 18K.
If I sell all my new parts for cost “which I don’t think will happen” the repower would not be much more expensive.

The reason I ask about repowering my Pete is I may be in a situation where my block is bad and the whole motor hast to come out and the block replaced. At that point except for a rewire at the ecm plug I can go any direction motor wise. This is why I ask if this would be advantageous in my situation?

I was comparing my 2002 Cummins to my 2006 detiot and so far my cumins cost more to maintain than my Detroit and my Detroit our pulls my cumins with ease.

I change oil every 10-12k miles and overhead 100-120k miles.
Both are rated at 500 hp and my Detroit cost less to maintain or repair.
I’m looking at long term cost or benifits to either stay with cumins or change to a Detroit.

I’m not dead set on a repower but more at options and long term cost benefit pros. and cons..

Once my current block is pulled out what are all my possible options with in reasonable cost?
Who and where I get some things done?

The motor in my Pete had already had the egr delete but I don’t know who or how other than it’s gone.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt - Peashooter67 - 11-11-2018
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt - Unilevers - 11-11-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.