Repowering a Peterbuilt
11-18-2018, (Subject: Repowering a Peterbuilt ) 
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt
(11-11-2018 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  I will be the one driving the 06 Peterbuilt.
I bought it for me and I believe it’s the air actuated vgt.
So I guess that’s th 870 ?

I’m building this for me and like as stated I haven’t drove it yet so no clue about how it runs.
Please do not assume or read into or between the lines.
If this was for a random “I don’t know you and you don’t know me” he will be driving a freightliner with a series 60 12.7 and turned down to minimize what you just said.

I have the MBN cat 04, head gasket failure at 12,300 hours . They said it called for a rebuild by cat so that was 26 k . I also had a head gasket fail on the 870(06) with 18000 miles on it fairly new , cummins did the head,been fine ever since . I have had the Detroit, sold it . I have another with an 870 (07). I have a total of 5 trucks , 1 has the cat . I like the 870s ,others are cummins . They do run when they are set up to spec. The 870 loves the hi way. I took a chance , I bought another . Your gonna spend all that money to convert ? $ it adds up and lost time . If you got a bad block talk to these folks here , I am sure someone has got your needs put together with a warranty. Like I said when they are set up right , they run !. It sounds like you got a bad rebuild from somewhere . It also sounds like an expensive week.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt - akwman - 11-18-2018
RE: Repowering a Peterbuilt - Unilevers - 11-11-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.