I had a new Turbo installed... And made a discovery
04-30-2016, (Subject: I had a new Turbo installed... And made a discovery ) 
I had a new Turbo installed... And made a discovery
The truck is finally finished with the in frame, I'll pick it up Monday. But, I had them put a new Turbo and actuator on her, as I knew nothing of its history or age and knew that it was not the factory original.

Well, it came off fine, except when they went to put the new one on, the plumbing from the old Turbo was to small going to the exhaust. This was the smaller Turbo according to the shop, and they could not identify it. There were no identifying marks on the old Turbo, other than the Holset stamping. Why would someone install a smaller VV Turbo on my 600hp motor? Is there any benefit to it? Or were they just lazy and or in a hurry and installed the smaller Turbo because the proper one was not available? Anyone ever see or do this? This truck, when I purchased it, had the mandate on it, no one had tampered with it.

Now my next question, I have the large Turbo 485hp milk money 2 on my motor, will this new and correct Turbo affect anything? I'm thinking it will not, as the truck is already programed for the large Turbo, but I still have to ask.

Or, were there two sizes of the large Turbo in regards to plumbing? And would this explain the smoke I was having between shifts with the truck prior to the in frame?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
I had a new Turbo installed... And made a discovery - Waterloo - 04-30-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.