parked regen not initiating, user error?
11-22-2018, (Subject: parked regen not initiating, user error? ) 
parked regen not initiating, user error?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have a recently purchased 2012 freightliner m2 straight truck with a isb cummins 6.7 that I am not able to initiate a parked regen. DPF light just came on today, not flashing or any check engine lights but went to do the regen and the truck did not respond.

Parked truck
engaged and released and reengaged parking brake
trans in neutral
tried engaging and releasing footbrake (truck is automated manual, no clutch pedal)
held regen switch for over a minute and nothing
turned truck off for 30 seconds and tried again, still nothing

Is there something I am missing? I am starting to think the switch itself may not be wired correctly or has some kind of wiring issue there? I am new to dpf/regen stuff.

If I am unable to get the truck to do a regen can I pull the dpf and clean it manually and reinstall? Planned on just pressure washing it out to get me by for the next week or so till I demandate.

I am demandating the truck with a fellow forum member here in the next couple weeks but need the truck to work for the time being. Don't really want to spend any money on the system before hand.

Any input in appreciated.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
parked regen not initiating, user error? - ttz161 - 11-22-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.