Asphaltene
12-05-2018, (Subject: Asphaltene ) 
Asphaltene
From another thread..

Chamberpains - RE: Algae in fuel
"Are you absolutely sure your dealing with an algae problem? Did you have the fuel tested to verify? This could be something as simple as asphaltene which there is no way around. Best way to deal with it is 10 micron filters and change them often."

Is there really no way to deal with asphaltene? Not all trucks have this problem AFAIK so some factor or combination of factors has to be causing it. What are they? I'm suspecting that's the problem I've been having on-and-off for about the last 30k miles, or since I got the truck. Who knows how long the previous owner had been dealing with it? How would you get your fuel tested for this?

I've fueled all over the Midwest and East Coast for the last 4 months so it's not like I've only had this problem for one tank of fuel or from one supplier of fuel. My 10 micron FWS filter turns black within 5000 miles. I have low power and bad mileage issues but not all the time, sometimes changing by the hour.

I realize those issues may be something other than asphaltene but I'd really like to solve the asphaltene issue as well. Part of me thinks it's Pete specific or at least specific to ISX equipped trucks that don't have a fuel cooler but I have nothing hard to base that on other than connecting the dots from various things I've read. 2017 587 with a 2350 and 330k on the clock.

Ideas? Comments?

Thanks in advance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Asphaltene - RoadRacer - 12-05-2018
RE: Asphaltene - Rawze - 12-05-2018,
RE: Asphaltene - RoadRacer - 12-05-2018,
RE: Asphaltene - smorgan87 - 12-05-2018,
RE: Asphaltene - RoadRacer - 12-05-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.