2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue
12-06-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) 
2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue
Good morning,

I forgot to post this when it happened; last week.

ISSUES OF NOTE: While driving for some time on highway and getting off HEST light comes on. I understand this means high exhaust temp, be careful when parking near grass, etc... I also notice than when loaded heavy and climbing hills my truck's CEL light comes on. I'll stop check everything under the hood, normal looksy and shut her off the light goes away. After a couple of times of doing this, the yellow REGEN comes on.

Last week while performing a parked REGEN - the truck would not complete the process. I would get the process to start, but it would not finish. I did this three time in the course of the day, I would say about 45 minutes each time.

Dropped my load off in Cartersville GA and drove down the road to the TA to have JPRO hooked up. Exhaust Gas Temp 572, DOC Inlet Temp 572, DPF Outlet Gas Temp 1013 and still the REGEN process did not want to finish. The tech cleared my ash level to see if that would work and nothing.

I got some recommended solutions, drop and burn the DPF / DOC, sensors, etc.. I didn't feel comfortable because I felt he was just trying to fix the problem by elimination and that could cost me a lot of cash. So I tried to fool the system by disconnecting the speed sensor to head home to fix the issue. I got a couple hundred miles down the road and broke down - the dreaded DERATE RED ENG light.

Got towed to a Freightliner ($470) and waited around all day for them to say, we forced REGEN the truck and all is GOOD.... I'm not complaining ($296), just a little confused. So last night enroute to Conyers GA coming off the highway to rest the HEST light came on and then after shifting gears to the stop it went off, then at the end of the day the same thing happened, the HEST light came on again.

Has anyone ever experienced these symptoms or can lead provide some help with these issues. My plan is to return home and drop the DOC / DPF and check them out. The Doser Pen was R&R Oct 2017. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and be safe
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue - martinef1963 - 12-06-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.