looks like blow by but tech says its steam
12-08-2018, (Subject: looks like blow by but tech says its steam ) 
RE: looks like blow by but tech says its steam
(12-08-2018 )pingpong1984 Wrote:  so recently my truck went down i got it back to the dealership in nc after taking it to different shops along i 20 and i 95 for high crankcase pressure and blow by problems at the dealership they said that the egr cooler was bad and leaking coolant into the oil (i never saw any milky subtance on oil stick) any way they changed it out charged me 7k and gave me the truck back now im still getting white smoke coming from the oil fill cap when open and check engine/stop engine lights. took it back yesterday they told me it was steam that has to burn off from inside the head and to change the cc filter a couple times and it should clear up. has any one had this problem before if what did you do to fix it.... any info is greatly appreciated
sn: running out of money

If the EGR cooler is leaking, it will cause coolant to get into the intake. It then gets past the rings and into the oil if you have blo-by issues. -- It will also wash out liners, bearings, rings, and just about every other part of your engine if you have been driving at around like that for a while. It also messes up the DOC and DPF and after-treatment system too.

If the EGR cooler was leaking into the engine...

* oil has to be changed.
* DOC and DPF have to be removed and cleaned/baked/flow tested.

* All EGR piping removed and cleaned out.
* EGR valve removed and cleaned out.
* The EGR Delta-p replaced and corssover pipes cleaned.
* IMAP and exhaust bp sensors replaced + exhaust bp snesor circuit cleaned out.
* DPF Delta-P crossover tubes cleaned out + DPF Delta-P sensor replaced.

If it has caused excess wear to the engine, then the engine will need an inframe.

If you have excess blo-by you will also not be able to keep the DOC and DPF filters from constantly clogging up and having regen issues.

-- is this starting to paint a clear picture of WHY YOU SHOULD NOT GO AROUND DRIVING A TRUCK WITH A LEAKY EGR COOLER!!?!??

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pingpong1984 , flatbed94kid

Messages In This Thread
RE: looks like blow by but tech says its steam - Rawze - 12-08-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.