Help! Engine derated to 25% and won’t start!
12-24-2018, (Subject: Help! Engine derated to 25% and won’t start! ) 
Tongue Help! Engine derated to 25% and won’t start!
I’ve just purchased a 2014 Kenworth T660, ISX 450ST CM2350 with a bit over 450,000 miles on it. After running the first 1000 miles without issues I did something stupid and let my DEF level low until the low level light came on. Closest truck stop was 35 miles away and right before taking the exit the amber check engine light came on and I immediately noticed the lost in power. After refilling the DEF tank it kept doing the same. I managed to get home since I was only 30 miles away( it would only let run 55 mph). The engine derated to 25% percent came on as I was parking. Next day I had my local shop guy take a look at it and he couldn’t get rid of the active code 3714. The truck won’t start.

P.S. Please keep in mind this is my first emissions Truck. I had only had Carterpillars before this one. Any help as to how to proceed is much appreciated. Drive safe and Merry Christmas to y’all from Houston, TX.      
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Help! Engine derated to 25% and won’t start! - Tino C - 12-24-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.