belt noise, bearing
12-29-2018, (Subject: belt noise, bearing ) 
RE: belt noise, bearing
(12-29-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(12-29-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  I don't know much about an ISX 12, but on my CM-871 this is the pulley that likes to fail... https://class8truckparts.com/cummins-368...ulley.html

Mine is located on the passenger side, top of motor, up by the AC compressor. Gates makes these too, cost is about half of what Cummins charges. I have found life expectancy on either to be about the same.

Remove the belts and start wiggling the pulleys. If it is a bad pulley, you should be able to find it that way.
Yes, was thinking it might be that one. At $175.00 bucks from cummins hate to replace two or three and still have a squeal. That $80.00 bucks sounds much better ... I had a different cummins and you could pull a snap ring out of backside of roller and pull two bearings out and just replace them at about $20.00

Well, the OEM pulleys on my 871 were replaced when I did my first in frame, the big expensive ones, they had 800,000 miles on them and would probably still be working as engineered. That little one though in the link, I have installed three of those, they seem to fail every 100,000 miles. The one I bought from Gates lasted just as long as the one from Cummins. In fact, when I compared the two, the numbers on the bearing were identical from the same manufacture, just has Gates stamped on the one side and on the box. I think I paid around $30 for the Gates. Local truck repair shop had them in stock. I am sure any good parts store would be able to cross reference the number to save you a few bucks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , imalumberjack

Messages In This Thread
RE: belt noise, bearing - Waterloo - 12-29-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.