Looking to buy used truck
02-02-2019, (Subject: Looking to buy used truck ) 
RE: Looking to buy used truck
(01-09-2019 )MCRENT Wrote:  
(01-09-2019 )revlimited Wrote:  Do you recommend buying a 2012 volvo with cummins 2250 for 42k with 500k miles and throwing a new high pressure pump on it, or buying a 2014 volvo with cummins 2350 for 50k with 500k miles and driving it as is?

If you pickup/deliver to any ports in California you might check the regulations. I have heard about them increasing the engine year to get into the ports to 2013 engine year. You might inquire before you buy anything. The 2013 engine year will get you to at least 2024 with the CARB rules as of now. Who knows what the idiots will do next especially with our new Governor.
I stand corrected on this ....went to registrar truck last night with CARB and it said " 2014 or newer if you are going into a marine port" that's for new registrations. You have to register the truck (along with all the normal places) to enter a rail yard or port in California and they will only take registrations from 2014 and newer effective Oct. 1st 2018 to enter marine port, current CARB registered trucks are okay. I registered for drayage so I was good. Its getting tougher on the independent ..big companies can run out and buy 50 new trucks the little guy can't.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to buy used truck - imalumberjack - 02-02-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.