Front end parts, ProStar, swamping axles and springs
01-12-2019, (Subject: Front end parts, ProStar, swamping axles and springs ) 
RE: Front end parts, ProStar, swamping axles and springs
(01-12-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  I think the "heavy" axle from int is 12350. Do you just want a heavier axle for yourself or do you want it on your cab card?

It depends on which axle you have. The Meritor is rated at 12,000 and 14,000, I have the Meritor one piece. The Hendrickson is rated at 12,350 and 13,350 or 13,500, and is a "fabricated" axle. My concern is using the hubs I currently have, on the 14,000 lb axle. As far as why I want the heavier axle, mainly safety, with the heavier springs and such. Roads are crap up here in Michigan, and it has been a want of mine since purchasing this truck. It should have came with the 14,000 lb axle from the factory in my book. And if it is an easy swap, when I do the front end work I'll just have it installed and call it a day.

The cab card/door sticker was going to be my question after figuring out what will and or will not work. I would like to get this certified that there is a 14,000 lb axle up there. I am sure there is a way to do that. Although, I have never had issues with (DOT) any of the SBA truck I have owned, all of which had a 12,000 lb axle, and all have run heavy, usually approaching 13,000 lbs, sometimes over. If I was ever to buy a new truck, it would have have, or be spec'd with a 14,000+ lb axle.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Front end parts, ProStar, swamping axles and springs - Waterloo - 01-12-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.