Cummins problems HELP!!!
01-23-2019, (Subject: Cummins problems HELP!!! ) 
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!!
Ok so I took it to the shop yesterday and about 5 hours later I got out of there I took it to a localish Cummins shop not a certified one by no means but I thought really long and hard about taking it to them for the simple fact that some guys love them some hate them but I told myself I was not going to let them do anything major because that is when everyone seems to have problems with them but I thought for sure they could tell me what I had going on.. well first off about 2 hours in to it they come and ask me how much money I had to spend on it smh.. Ok before I took it to them I did figure out it was in fact ( not deleted) so I unhooked the egr didn’t run it with a load on it so can’t tell if that helped or not but anyways they told me the bull gear??? ( I think that is what he called it the fuel pump that feeds the rail) was weak and I had cavitation in my fuel and i told them to replace it they was also attempted to hook my lift pump back up to the computer because it needs to (flash)? And it wasn’t able to do that being hooked into a toggle switch and that could be affecting it as well.. well they said the wire must be broke between it and the lift pump I told them that I could trace that down... my computer also just had one leg going to it they went ahead and hooked the other one up.. they said I need new actuators timing and injector all four to the tone of $2500 I told them I could do that myself. They also recommended their program to delete the egr in the ecm now they wanted $3500 for that now they really couldn’t tell me what all that would do other than better fuel mileage and no check engine light now I don’t really care about that. Now as he is telling me this once he brings the program up he tells me that my ecm is derated 25% for the egr then he said that they did a combustion test and 15 pumps later it showed green so he is guessing I have a liner dropping and their program is probably going to help this along so I should just rebuild it and started telling me about turbos and manifolds and I then informed him I was not rebuilding a motor that has 100k on overhaul and he said well it has to be drinking coolant because all the low water warnings saved in computer I laughed and said no I blew a hose the other day and it isn’t drinking coolant which it isn’t... I think they was just trying to get money out of me what are your guys ideas yea don’t get me wrong I think it needs actuators can I put them on one buy one like a couple weeks in between each other he told me no cause it makes the other one work that much harder I think he is full of shi#t on that deal... can I get away with cheaper actuators or should I go oem I realize oem is most always better but money is tight especially after the 1400$ bill yesterday what are your guys recommendations now I ran the truck today ran great once I got up to 200 degrees got 5 mpg I am sure it will get better than that beings half that tank of fuel it was running like crap
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!! - MandBtrucking - 01-23-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.