Cummins ISX CM871 Turbo problems
01-24-2019, (Subject: Cummins ISX CM871 Turbo problems ) 
Cummins ISX CM871 Turbo problems
Greetings Everyone,

I am having issues diagnosing a problem with a VGT. This is the story and I thank you in advance for any type of help: This truck had 2 camshafts, all valve guides and injector o rings replaced due to oil found at fuel and exhaust port. VGT was replaced as well because it was licking oil from seal and I opted to install a used one that I found for a good price locally. This used turbo was calibrated using insite and it passed both test. After installation a force regen was done to check if turbo was opening more that 80% to create enough heat to start regen and it did. After a successful regeneration, truck was put on the road and worked for about one and a half months and turbo stopped opening more than 50%, therefore, I took actuator out and check the end play of the leg and it was seized. I concluded and that was probably my mistake, that used turbo was bad from the beginning and that's why it gave up in such an early time and I didn't do any further testing :s. I ended up installing a re manufactured from a local dealer and again did all the same procedure and it worked like a charm, no complains from driver etc. Now 2 months later, same thing happens, turbo it only opens gate to 55% is not seized, but it don't open enough to make regeneration. What could be causing this problem?

Any help is good. Thank you in advance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins ISX CM871 Turbo problems - hongo88 - 01-24-2019
RE: Cummins ISX CM871 Turbo problems - Unilevers - 01-25-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.