Best day cab a local owner operator should get??
02-07-2019, (Subject: Best day cab a local owner operator should get?? ) 
RE: Best day cab a local owner operator should get??
(02-06-2019 )Jeo123 Wrote:  
(02-06-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would stay away from an auto, the guys that I personally know, that do drive them locally hate them. Very little control in reverse, especially on ice, tend to slam the docks.

Freightliner, they are what they are. We had them up in ND, always breaking down, model years 2011 to 2015. We had five of them, and only one was ever in service due to issues, mainly electrical and emission related. Fix one and the running one would break... Never failed, went for over a year like this, these were Penske rentals. Ryder had same issues up here in Detroit with their day cabs. The guys I worked with at Ryder are always complaining about the new trucks, they missed their old buckets of bolts that worked when you turned the key. Just my .02

so in your opinion as far a daycab goes, what do you think would work best for my situation as far as day cabs go....i had someone actually advise me to get a 2007 freightliner Colombia....he said it was easy to fix and had minimal major issues that was hard to fix...but of course buying a truck is like having surgery.....always need more than one opinion lol....

2007 is a no brainer in my book, your friend is wise. That is the tractor that the guys that have the new ones are bitching about no longer being able to drive. Put the key in and go.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best day cab a local owner operator should get?? - Waterloo - 02-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.