Oil Temp Overheating issue
06-07-2016, (Subject: Oil Temp Overheating issue ) 
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue
The big question --- Is it a MM style delete? If so, who did it?

-- Maybe you have a MM style,.. if so, that is great, but if it is NOT ... If it is not a MM style del, that would explain high oil temps real fast! (and if your not sure, it is likely NOT).

I am just putting this out there so that people that may have a bad delete can be aware of this stuff...

There are so many places that do bad deletes for those engines that it is just sickening. If it was not done by one of the very very few places that use the MM method,.. your troubles are far worse that you know.

bad deletes cause...

* higher than normal oil temps (very very common). It is not always bad programming that does this, but a bad delete will DEFINITELY causes it).

* High VGT turbo positions at idle (above about 20% or so)

* Repeating VGT/turbo damage destruction

* Cracked heads (even if the power was not turned up).

* Dangerous condition for the pistons eventually leading to damage and/or complete destruction.

* severely shortened engine life.

* A bad delete will also keep the oil black, like it was with the EGR. On a good delete, the oil will not turn black any more. The oil will stay light brown for about 8,000 miles plus at a time, and on many trucks, it will stay light-to medium brown even after 20,000 miles.

====

* Another sign of spotting a bad delete is if the person or shop that did it, or is going to do it -- trying to push or suggest that you to remove the VGT turbo. One of the worst mistakes a person can make on a modern diesel engine.

* Another sign of a bad delete is someone NOT opening up the exhaust as much as possible (can cause high oil temps, performance problems and reduced engine efficiency). I have seen so many guys drill a bunch of smaller holes in their "cans" instead of opening them up all the way. -- THIS IS VERY BAD! -- IT NEEDS TO BE OPEN -- LIKE 8-INCHES DIAMETER OPEN! MINIMUM! to prevent reflected heat in the exhaust system.

-- Also, bad delete companies will only drill out a few holes in the cans instead of opening them up all the way to make the engine have exhaust restrictions to prevent turbo over-spooling. THIS IS VERY BAD TOO!!! -- And only proves their delete is HORRIBLE!. All you end up with is all of the problems i described above. -- i got a better idea for those who do this,.. PROGRAM THE TURBO CORRECTLY TO BEGIN WITH MORON!

====

just my take on it any ways.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Marajin - 06-07-2016
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.