Oil Temp Overheating issue
06-10-2016, (Subject: Oil Temp Overheating issue ) 
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue
(06-09-2016 )garystruck Wrote:  Finally found the culprit giving me Nightmares!!!

As I posted before the first thing I did was replace the Oil thermostat. After no results and consulting with some mechanics I completely removed it thinking it was a faulty Thermostat. My understanding was without the Oil thermostat the oil will not heat up as fast and the oil cooler will be working at 100% efficiency. After thinking this over and over I figured maybe I was wrong and that without the oil thermostat oil will be bypassing the cooler causing it to heat up. Bought another Thermostat installed it and oil not going over 235f now!!

I am getting too old for this stuff and cant keep up with these new ways! Anyways in the end I replaced a lot of stuff that had to be replaced anyways such as CAC and injectors but If the first thermostat did the truck it would have been a whole lot easier!!
Thanks Y'all for your time and inputs!

That is good you posted your results of replacing the thermostat. I am sure there are others that will learn from it, and in the mean time, there is a lot of other info relevant to oil heating issues too. This is how everyone learns how to keep their truck rolling in the end. By sharing knowledge and growing what you know.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Rawze - 06-10-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.