Oil Temp Overheating issue
07-21-2020, (Subject: Oil Temp Overheating issue ) 
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue
(07-20-2020 )Brock Wrote:  With the probe on the manifold externally, I never really see over 500 degrees. I'm sure I could get it to climb more on hills but I climb at 1800-1900 rpm.

Oil empty(55,000lbs) or loaded (140,000lbs)runs 220 to 240 I only see 240 loaded though.

something does not add up with that.. high oil temps and colder than normal manifold temps usually a sign of too high injection timing (or too much boost/running too lean) for the application. That could be dangerous. Make sure you don't have a slipped cam or something else that effects injection timing going on.

Also might want t verify your pyro readings with a temp gun at some point to ensure your reading are correct. 500 seems low, even for the outside of the manifold.

- I know it would bother and scare the he#$ll out of me if i saw oil temps getting 240+ and only saw 500F on the manifold. i would be concerned as crap about my pistons/cylinders possibly getting tortured.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Unilevers - 06-07-2016,
RE: Oil Temp Overheating issue - Rawze - 07-21-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.