DPF problems
03-15-2019, (Subject: DPF problems ) 
RE: DPF problems
(03-13-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-13-2019 )Ronnie4447 Wrote:  ...
I know nothing about the truck other than the desk shows 808000 miles and 25000 hrs. Trying to get it on the road. Thanks in advance

At 800k+ miles and 25k hours on the clock, I doubt you can ever make that system happy any more. That is most likely why it got sold. The engine is worn out enough to have valve guide seal leaks, head worn out, enough blo-by, combustion effeciency losses, old worn turbocharger with slight effeciency loss, badly-reading NOx and other expensive sensors, worn out DOC,DPF,SRC cans, and a host of other minor to medium problems at that point in its life.

At that high of mileage, even if you get the emissions system running great again + dump new money into new NOx sensors, new SCR can, new turbocharger, and a lot of other components,.. it will only run a few months at a time and be blocked up again due to oil mist face-plugging the DOC/DPF, and your troubles start all over again. Those systems only work well when the engine is working very well, and is in very good shape.

Anyone buying a truck with that many miles on it had best be prepared to inframe the engine + replace turbo just it to make the emissions systems happy again,... or de-mandate it properly, get some more life form the old turbo, run it as long as it will hold together ... THEN likely still need to inframe it within a year or so when you realize the engine is worn to the bone.

Just stating the obvious.

Absolutely true I bought the truck as a repo super cheap expecting to rebuild it, got the stuff straighten out right now and gonna run it till then drove it down the road bobtail and it seems strong no smoke. I do understand what you are saying and am sending you a PM about some things. Thanks again for you're insite.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF problems - Ronnie4447 - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - Nilao - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - hhow55 - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - Ronnie4447 - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - Rawze - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - Rawze - 03-13-2019,
RE: DPF problems - Ronnie4447 - 03-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.