Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!!
03-29-2019, (Subject: Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!! ) 
Question Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!!
Hey Guys,

I'm new to Rawze so first I'd like to say thank you for the opportunity. I got a bug I'm trying to fix. Got a customer who has recently had a de-mandated, de-fribulated CM2250 ISX15 with 4 of his vehicles by some tuner. Two trucks to what I know are running with "no apparent" issues, however two of them are throwing fault codes 2973: Intake Manifold Pressure Data Erratic Intermittent or incorrect. Truck ran fine before. Right after now throwing this code. Trying to help a friend who can't get any help from the "file guy" I started going over the normal stuff. Truck has a brand new Intake Pressure Sensor, Exhaust Pressure Sensor, and Turbo Speed Sensor. monitoring all data, the truck seems fine under 3/4 throttle acceleration. You can do highway speed and cruising. Put your foot in it to 100% throttle. Turbo speed goes form the 90k to the range of 120k-130k and truck goes right into an engine state of "Air/Fuel Derate" from there. Truck continues to smoke, and have little to no power, until you key cycle and get the 2973 to go inactive. Being the truck never spooled too high before, I'm trying to find a way to help my friend out who is in the whole spending for a half-a** job. Will a fresh VGT calibration help? I seen some other posts where you can change the Turbo Threshold settings? Not sure how to do this in Insite of if I need a program such as Calterm. The trucks that operate okay map out and the turbo speed is 100k-110k maximum during any driving condition. I'd like to get these other ones to that area and get these damn things back on the road. Thanks in advance :s:s:idea:

TruckDoctor
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Turbo Overspeed???!!!!!! - TruckDoctor - 03-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.