New Truck: Advice on purchase...
04-11-2019, (Subject: New Truck: Advice on purchase... ) 
New Truck: Advice on purchase...
Hello All,

Found this page after doing some research on trucks and their engines. Currently, I am in the market to possibly purchase a class 8 used truck to tow an RV. I am thinking about going this route because previously I towed my RV with a Diesel pickup truck I bought new and within the first 2 years of owning that truck it spent more time at the dealership being repaired under warranty then it did on the road, causing me to lose out on income with my job. After dealing with the headaches of the truck constantly breaking down with huge $$$ repairs that I didn't have to pay for, I decided to let that truck go and sold it before the warranty expired on it. Since then i seen and talked to a few people who towed their RVs with used class 8 trucks and nearly all of them I spoke to seemed to have the same stories, towed with modern pickup truck, dealt with lots of costly repairs and breakdowns, switched over to class 8 trucks and for the most part most stated they had zero issues and they all swore it was worlds better towing and got nearly the same MPG as the pickups towing.

So my questions are what are some things I should look out for on used trucks while shopping? I grew up with a few Cummins pickups, so naturally, I have been leaning towards a Cummins engine truck, thus how i found this site.

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New Truck: Advice on purchase... - Storx - 04-11-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.