New Truck: Advice on purchase...
04-11-2019, (Subject: New Truck: Advice on purchase... ) 
RE: New Truck: Advice on purchase...
I sold a truck to a friend to do the exact same thing as your talking about. Thought he found a loop hole and got it registered as a rv. Saved him on some registration and dot numbers. But his length was to long too dodge the cdl. So he used to drive truck before so he got a cdl again. Things seemed to be good. The truck was nice I was running it interstate. 600 plus miles a day. New rubber on it. All ready to go. I think I sold it to him for like 8 grand. Hell of a deal. With in a year it needed a oil cooler. Stranded him in Albuquerque NM. I think it was something like 6000 dollars later and he was back on the road. After that the truck has been good according to him. I seen the truck the other day. Truck looks beat. Tires are shi#t. Electrical problems I believe. Probably gonna need a clutch soon.$ 4000 or so. Steering box is wore. $2500 or so. This is just what I know of. He seems like he’s ready to find another one. Problem is he won’t find a gem like i sold him for 8k that he can drive for 8 years neglecting because it costs to much to fix. Moral of the story is if a pickup is more than you can maintain then how is a truck gonna be better. I just spent 30k rebuilding a engine that was a Cummins reman in a truck that I spent 42k buying with 480000 miles on it. The engine only had 150000 {15% of its expected lifespan} on it and it dropped a valve. Now I got probably 85k in it with buying and running it for 3 years and the misfortune of eating a engine... the truck is super maintained now... and it’s worth 25k. Cheapest thing you can do is go buy another 65k pickup and call it a day. Also try and drive a big rig around when you go to town for groceries. Oh and it will be great arguing with the dot that “no officer this is a rv. I don’t need all that eld log book, ifta ,dot # ,drug consortium, irp registration. I’m on vacation here. Do like the hotshot guys do by a new pickup and roll it every couple years before it’s got to much wear and it’s new enough someone can still finance it pretty easy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Truck: Advice on purchase... - Magard - 04-11-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.