Turbo actuator position sensor
05-11-2019, (Subject: Turbo actuator position sensor ) 
Turbo actuator position sensor
Isx cm871 was giving me inconsistent low mileage no matter what I would do . It was always somewhere around 5 mpg. Playing between 4.7 mpg and 5.2 mpg . Also the egt's where inconsistent aswell. I could not understand what was the problem. Took it to mechanic and plugged it. Then after 1000 dollars bill and still looking clueless . So I did the egr tuneup and changed the sensors and even took the egr valve out to check and still the same problem . So I bought insite from fleabay and reset fault codes to see what happening right now and funny thing is theres no new faults. So I taught the engine was bad at first but it has 400k miles and wasn't burning oil or leaking from anywhere. So I'm scratching my head over this completely clueless until I tried the sensor test on insite and found that I have 0 volts coming from the vgt actuator position sensor . I guess that would explain all the inconsistent egt's and low inconsistent mpg . Correct me if I'm wrong.
But wouldn't a faulty sensor still give some voltage . Could it just be unconnected or it's just dead? Where is that sensor connection and what do you suggest me as the next steps to do this right ? Thanks in advance.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Turbo actuator position sensor - Geared_Cortex - 05-11-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.