X15 break-in questions
05-21-2019, (Subject: X15 break-in questions ) 
X15 break-in questions
So recently I have bought a new Volvo VNL860 with an X15 performance series 505hp 1850tq CPL 4343 and ECM Code HD10381 and i'm just past the 9,000 mile mark which begs the question when should the first oil change be done at? My gut tells me it should've been done around the 5k mark, the big red engine maker says follow the regular service interval (yeah right), my mechanic says the engine is factory filled with break-in oil and to leave it for the first 30k (very skeptical about that) Is there a straight answer to this question? Personally I change the oil every 12-15k, is there also a factory power derate that goes away after the first 40k or so? This I ask because my boost gauge will go slightly over 30lbs then fall back to about 25lbs, the pyro rarely climbs over 900 degrees, actually settles around 910ish on a long pull with the foot to the floor above 1500rpm. I'm planning to have the overhead ran and egr tune-up done annually then a de-mandate once the warranty is up. Along with the fuel pump rebuild at 300k. an oil bypass filter is on my to-do list but i'm having the issue to where to put the thing at..
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
X15 break-in questions - marek4792 - 05-21-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.