Oil Sample
05-22-2019, (Subject: Oil Sample ) 
RE: Oil Sample
ECM says its a 475 but engine is rated for 400. Doesn't feel like 475. Its got 3.36 rears if i remb right with a 13 speed. (Sample 6)On the last sample i didn't add any just to see what would happen. This sample(6) i added 1 gallon of Lucas in and it seems to be holding im at 6k miles haven't added any.
On samples 2-5 i used oil additive from primrose for the oil.
I haven't tried gear oil in this truck but i did use it on my last truck. I did my EGR tune up a couple months ago
This is Rotella 15 40. My AVG MPG is 6.4 running speed limit.
I Pull refer in the midwest mostly highways
I Pressured tested the CAC n boots not the whole engine. Got no idea how to do that or where to get the tools to even do something like that.
both Dosers are new DEF and Fuel.

Ill test with white paper and turbo.
I've checked the cams myself and they are all in good looking order. I haven't had too many issues out of this truck mainly just DPF problems and small sensors here and there.
As far as when this started i with the constant regens i took apart my DOC and DPF and power washed them. The DOC had a strong smell of oil in it.

Wasn't sure how Gear oil is gonna work with a DPF system intact:P Might give it a go
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Oil Sample - Pete1990 - 05-22-2019,
RE: Oil Sample - Rawze - 05-22-2019,
RE: Oil Sample - Pete1990 - 05-22-2019
RE: Oil Sample - Rawze - 05-22-2019,
RE: Oil Sample - Pete1990 - 05-22-2019,
RE: Oil Sample - Pete1990 - 05-22-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.