Volvo DPF Pressure
06-02-2019, (Subject: Volvo DPF Pressure ) 
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure
Sorry for the delay in responding to your reply. Volvo is a little odd with its "Soot Level" calculations. I'm not sure the laptop you are using, but you can also go into Aftertreatment History and see the characteristics of the truck and what causes most of the regens that the truck has done and also the DPF Differential Pressure sensor in relation to time the truck has been driven. It will give you the amount of hours the truck has say been driven and the DPF differential pressure was 0.43 psi for 2349 hours of the trucks operation vs say 1.46 psi for 3.4 hours of the trucks operation for the life of the vehicle.

US07 trucks and especially the spark assisted systems used on garbage trucks tend to go from 0% to 100% in a 6-8 hour period of operation and will either do a passive or request a forced regen.

US10 emission trucks are kind of fishy and a little different its hard to explain it, but I've performed a manual regen on a truck and seen the soot level go from 13% back up to 100% soot level in a very short time even though the dpf diffential pressure sensor was reading great. it however didn't ask for manual regens or gave no warning. the 100% threshold in the US10 emission truck is different. Its as if they want to keep it up in that range. I don't believe they passively do regens until 130% soot load while say driving down the highway.

Based on what you've listed. the fact that you did a manual regen and haven't been requested to do a parked regen for over 2 weeks and your voltage reading is only 0.61 volts and you have low differential pressures. I'd like to say you don't actually have a DPF/Regen issue at all. the T2 and T3 temps being around 920 is also great. I think the 100% soot load is tricking you. It make sense cause its tricky to me as well. Not sure why they have a 200% threshold. How does a filter get clogged to 200% of it? how does anything simply exceed 100%.

When US10 trucks start having Regen, Pressure, or Regen Temperature issues you will be getting prompted to do more "Parked Regens" if you don't get this what so ever, I'd say the truck is fine at this time. 1.4 psi of total exhaust system back-pressure is also okay.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Volvo DPF Pressure - RHeller11 - 05-22-2019,
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure - Rawze - 05-22-2019,
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure - Nilao - 05-22-2019,
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure - TruckDoctor - 06-02-2019
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure - Rawze - 06-02-2019,
RE: Volvo DPF Pressure - Nilao - 06-04-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.