09 prostar horrible Mpg
05-23-2019, (Subject: 09 prostar horrible Mpg ) 
RE: 09 prostar horrible Mpg
(05-23-2019 )TruckerNick Wrote:  Boost gauge, pyro, shifting, air pressure, idle time, cruise, aerodynamics, engine broke in yet after the engine work and how many miles since engine work?
Overinflated tires to 115 psi?
Sometimes thumping tire and still didn't know I had a flat until I put a air gauge on it.
I have a pyro it runs 7-8 on a hill never over 850 my boost I watch constantly and try to keep it under 10 going down the road it will give me 40 psi on a good pull. I have a shimmed pump and I get 45-47 lbs oil at 1500 my oil temp runs 215 running on flatland and I can go to 235-240 on a hill. I do most shifts at 1600 and cruise at 1450-1500. I have verry little idle time APU. I am in a prostar with a high sleeper and full fairings. It has been a year since the engine work and 100k. I have cat eyes on trailer and drives I run 120 in all my tires. I recently changed my CAC and all boots on the hot side, new air filter, crankcase filter, and I had to remove the ifsm to do a primer pump because the heads of one bolt was stripped out.whal it was out I was amazed at how clean the intake was. I recently had a oil sample done and it was verry clean I have no blow by and I loose mabe 1 gallon of oil in 15k.
I don't know what I'm missing because I was getting a constant 7.5+ before and if anything my driving habits have improved to try and get my milage up.....
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09 prostar horrible Mpg - earnies2 - 05-23-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.