Turning my authority back on...
06-16-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
(06-16-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I tried jb hunt power only. My last load i hauled for em was to front royal, va. Got there and the customer had no empty trailers. Well guess who else didnt have an empty trailer? JB. Afyer sitting til monday i ended up and bobtailed from VA (almost to DC) to MO, rented a wagon from xtra and got to work. That was the 3rd time they left me sitting with no trailer and no loads. Constantly wanted me to haul 45k lb beer loads for sub $2 (i dont have alcohol permits either) they only have certain loads available to power only and will not book a load from the brokerage. The power only load board did not work with android and i couldnt seem to get my point across to the dispatcher that i dont haul for free. Theyre a typical mega carrier IMO. Ive worked for them as a driver, as a PO carrier and ive hauled for their brokerage. The brokerage doesnt like me much. Ive actauly had them tell me i needed to quote them a reasonable rate and argue with me that 2 bucks to phoenix was a good rate.

I've got a line on a used trailer, sitting up the road from me, a 2102 that is supposed to be in good shape. Will find out tomorrow, will need to finance. They want $14,000 for it. I have yet to see it, but if it passes muster I may just go grab it. And I figured that if I can bag at least $1.70 a mile, I'm in the money. Truck is paid for, fuel discounts at .70 off a gallon, truck hitting 9 mpg and running good. I just need to roll, sitting for days is not cutting it. Need to renew my SCAC code too, another $85... I figure I should be ok.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 06-16-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.