Turning my authority back on...
06-26-2019, (Subject: Turning my authority back on... ) 
RE: Turning my authority back on...
Well, took everything back to old carrier, no paycheck, which I figured. Said I should have it today or tomorrow. We shall see...

Still waiting on IFTA stickers... Looking like Monday or Tuesday of next week. Used to be you could just walk in and get them up near the IRP office, not anymore, they have streamlined the process... Instead of 15 minutes standing at a counter filling out a form, and walking out with your new permit and stickers... Sure, "streamlined". Idiots.

JB Hunt Power Only called yesterday, I am in the system and can roll as soon as those IFTA stickers arrive. He wanted me to start yesterday, shortage of power only trucks.

One of my other buddies started at Menard's this week, they are running him, knocking off some good miles, out and back. He is getting 400+ miles a day and not even trying. I guess the pay works out to $1.70 a mile, for all miles, I had some wrong info. But still, that is for all miles, empty or loaded. And, you have no trailer expense, tag, insurance, maintenance, etc. Honestly does not sound bad.

Only issue I have is that they have this setup as a lease operation, weekly settlements and they want you dedicated exclusively to them, again, like you are leased on. Is this a good deal? I guess it all depends on how you view this kind of setup. He will not see a settlement check for another three weeks, again, like a lease op. His cargo and bobtail insurance are his one expense, $700 for cargo and what ever he pays for bobtail. Menard's does not charge any fees, and does have a fuel card with up to .50 off a gallon. So, weigh it out, most carriers will skim that $700 off the top anyway. So, maybe Menard's is not that bad a deal, they run 24/7 and are screaming for trucks.

My other buddy, over at the old carrier got screwed again, sat all day in a parking lot and went home. He is going to start the process of turning the authority on next week. My other buddy over there is in the shop, fuel issues, sounds like a bad seal in the system, sucking air, he is not doing to well financially. We both told him he is coming with us, getting his authority. And if need be we will help financially to get him rolling, he can pay us back later. We leave no men behind!

That is all I've got for today.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turning my authority back on... - Waterloo - 06-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.