Dash switches illumination
06-20-2019, (Subject: Dash switches illumination ) 
RE: Dash switches illumination
(06-20-2019 )Satch Wrote:  I ohm's every breaker. They check out good.
I replaced breakers with fuses. Ohmd out good. The key switch fuse read higher than the others and regardless whether key was in or not. I'm thinking it's module related. Every once in awhile they blink on then off.
If the fuses do not fix it try unplugging all the connectors that go up the steering column. I think there are 2. Actually only 1 of them needs unplugged but I don't remember for sure which one. The single row 10 pin one should be it. All those back lights, actually LED's, are fed from the gauge cluster. A "virtual" fuse is in the cluster that works as a circuit breaker. This is not shown anywhere in SI. Pricey lesson. On the one I had the clock spring was bad at the steering wheel. It was shorting ONLY the light circuit. Everything else worked fine, cruise, horns etc. If I recall this does not code in DLB. If that does not do it start unplugging modules that have non working backlights. Something is shorting. I think the key has to cycle to reset. BTW does it make any difference headlight on or off? The switched on headlights, not DRL.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dash switches illumination - DVT873 - 06-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.