Question about Mack truck
06-22-2019, (Subject: Question about Mack truck ) 
RE: Question about Mack truck
Everything Rawze stated above is the honest to God truth, listen to him. Me and Rawze in framed my motor in his driveway, after the dealer in framed it and installed all of the wrong internal parts for $38,000. I am now getting 9 mpg in my 2008 mid roof ProStar pulling a 53' Dry Van.

All of the work I did, was accomplished with my iPhone and a bag of tools I brought from the house here in Detroit. Cummins has step by step instructions on how to in frame this motor for free on their Quickserve web site, along with Rawze's in frame video series. Mack offers no such service, nor does Volvo, Detroit or Paccar. Nor do they have a Rawze out there that sacrifices his own time and helps many folks here for free. I owe the man quite a bit.

The truck is running a Rawze tune. I was one of the first to run his original tune when it was floating around out here on the internet. I am so confident in this truck, that I reinstated my operating authority.

My moto in regards to trucks, I don't care what it looks like, as long as it makes me money and I can work on it. The ProStar, far from perfect, checks off all of those boxes. Especially now as it is finally sipping fuel like after that first Rawze tune.

Me, I would find an older truck with a CM-871 or CM-870 that needs an in frame, an Aero Truck, buy it cheap. Take to Mr Hagg and let him in frame it. Go make money and fix the rest of the little crap as you make REAL money going down the road. The last ting I would want to be strapped with out here is a huge truck payment. Rates have not done anything in thirty years, at least the thirty I have been out here. They cannot support a truck and insurance payment of the amounts I am seeing out here, unless you like living in a truck 24/7 and have no life. That is not owning a business, that is indentured servitude to a bank or finance company, and pray that thing down't break down or freight drys up.

I have seen this many times, the reason I keep my old ProStar, it is paid for. The economy gets rolling and everyone and his brother jumps in to trucking, they're all going to get rich. Well, rates drop from all of the new and inexperienced folks, everyone blames the president and the brokers, as they slowly go bankrupt. Seeing it all around me right now. Another reason I turned my old authority back on. The herd is being thinned...

Buy used, fix and or repair, keep expenses very low, as low as possible, check your ego at the door as Rawze stated. You can make an old piece of equipment look brand new. You want fuel mileage and reliability. I would not own anything other than a Cummins, and I keep my Cummins diagnostic gear with me in the truck along with my laptop. I am the technician.

On a side note...

If you purchase new, Mack will install a Cummins in a factory order unit. Mack is no longer, Mack.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: HES , laynepaving , Shotgun74

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about Mack truck - Waterloo - 06-22-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.