Chasing a clutch or an injector ?
06-26-2019, (Subject: Chasing a clutch or an injector ? ) 
Chasing a clutch or an injector ?
Hello Everyone , I have an 870 with some power . I haul around the maximum for 5 to 6 axles.I have some significant short hills being in New England. I have been trying to put my finger on an issue I am having going up a certain hill with a load from a dead stop . I was thinking I might have an injector slightly off . I took it to the shop , they looked at a few things , just really didn't see anything that drew much attention . The dang thing just runs too good most of the time anyway . 21,000 hours but I don't know much history . 410 on the odometer . It had the head done at 320k . Anyway , I picked this thing up last fall , through some money at it , king pins , tires , idler pulleys , battery cables, windshield , ect. Its got an 18 speed b in there with a 560 . I have been having a issue with the clutch , press it down , feels like its getting hung up .It is becoming more prominent. Doesn't slip. Sometimes press it down , its perfect then its back harder or feels like getting hung up . I am gonna spray the linkage tomorrow with penetrating oil , but something tells me the injector I thought could be is the clutch . I had something like this go before on another . I am thinking the springs in the clutch are failing and causing this . Has anyone else had this problem ? When I looked this truck over last year clutch looked recent , I could see the green/yellow paint on the springs on the clutch. It just did not look that old . I am wondering who's got a heavy duty clutch and what I am gonna spend to do the job . I think that injector is gonna be that clutch . Any thoughts would be appreciated .
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Chasing a clutch or an injector ? - akwman - 06-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.