09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube
07-08-2019, (Subject: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube ) 
RE: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube
Assuming for a moment you are not loosing the oil because of external leaks...

he also needs to pull the DOC and DPF and take pictures of their faces,.. post them here...

while they are off,. have both of them baked and flow tested. I would have a good bet that the DPF was cracked and causing issues if the trailer is turning black.

Also with that much oil consumption, there will be no absolute way to keep them operational. They will continually clog and fail because of face-plugging due to all the oil consumption.

Did you remove the oil fill cap and see how much blo-by it has coming out of the oil fill tube?

And,... When was the last time the crank case filter was changed?- high oil consumption will cause the crank case filter to clog up rapidly too. AND a clogged crank case filter can cause blo-by issues and turbo failure problems. - Most people resort to drilling it out or replacing it with a maint. free filter as their engine gets older to combat this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

A full EGR-tune-up + clean out the EGR valve and ensure it is not getting stuck,.. etc.etc.

Also check the EGR Delta-P tubes for clogging, as well as the cross-pipe for the exhaust back-pressure sensor.

Also pull the CAC pipe off between the CAC and intake manifold and ensure it is not wet with oil due to the turbo slobbering excessively.

You also need to ensure the person you let drive it did not put a different program or something in ecm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09 prostar cm871 blue smoke from intake tube - Rawze - 07-08-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.