Brake chambers, the in's and out's
07-07-2019, (Subject: Brake chambers, the in's and out's ) 
Brake chambers, the in's and out's
I want to share my small experience on replacing a brake chamber that went out on me 2 days before the 4th.

Called volvo the following morning, gave them the last 6 of the vin. Parts girl said she would have everything ready for me in couple of hours. Called couple of hours later, everything was ready. Ran to volvo, trying to beat the real storm coming since it was drizzling all day but i was hoping i can get the prep work done before the real rain came down lol. noop shi#t out of luck.

on the 4th, i got under the truck and finished the job. But not before having to put on the chamber and taking it of to readjust it a dozen times or more lol. After really inspecting the old chamber, i saw that old one is a 3 inch stroke and new one is a 2.5 inch stroke. NICE!! lol.... fml..

So i ended up getting a good deal from volvo for $250 for all the brake chambers, from front to rear. I know, i cant mix and match them. So what else would i have to change if i changed from a 3 inch stroke to a 2.5 inch stroke? what are the differences between the two?

Also if you guys could share your hard earned wisdom on an easier way to change them? do you have a particular way of starting a small job like this? What are some things to definitely do once replacing brake chambers?

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Brake chambers, the in's and out's - Evotrucker - 07-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.