X15 turbo pressure
07-18-2019, (Subject: X15 turbo pressure ) 
RE: X15 turbo pressure
(07-18-2019 )Bsmith106 Wrote:  It seems like the the Performance series would have a lower compression ratio than the efficiency series? Does anyone know the Actual compression numbers?

the mid-tier is 19.1:1 and the performance series is 19.3:1 from my understanding,... that is high enough that the engine should produce a few hundred HP without even a turbo mounted on it.

Just some cautionary words for those who are thinking about de-mandatng one ...

I think a of of people trying to del these things don't realize that due to the small, somewhat restrictive turbo that normally would have a high AR ratio at higher power levels, the AR ratio is very heavily influenced and lowered/kept in check by the egr circuit itself. - Take that away and AR is going to be the determining factor first and foremost at those abnormally high compression ratios. This leads directly to...

(rough speculation) ... Theoretically, at that compression ratio, it should only take about 26-28 psi (give or take a psi or 2) or so to make 600HP with it with the EGR out of the way. This also means that much more than about 30 psi or so would likely severely shorten engine life on one without egr gas to keep it in check.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792

Messages In This Thread
X15 turbo pressure - KWT880 - 07-09-2019,
RE: X15 turbo pressure - Rawze - 07-09-2019,
RE: X15 turbo pressure - Rawze - 07-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.