870 2006 fuel lift pump
07-12-2019, (Subject: 870 2006 fuel lift pump ) 
RE: 870 2006 fuel lift pump
(07-12-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You could've saved the $$ on the turbo parts. Dealershits love to sell you parts you don't need. They couldn't care less if they give you bad advise or help you run down a bad diagnostic route. That's money in the bank for them. It helps hit the sales quota. Their advise is almost always the most expensive and almost always wrong.

You can manually move the actuator and turbo VG ring with a wrench. You would've felt it sticking. I can't say I've ever heard of an actuator control module failing so bad it wouldn't let the truck run at idle. If your using Insite it has an actuator on off test also. That would allow you to check the piping to the turbo actuator while your at it.

Rawze pointed out the shut off solenoid. That's a good place to look along with the wiring to it. It'll sometimes fail without a code. And Lonestar10 is describing the exact failure of a couple people on here. I think Evotrucker was one of them. I'd look in to that also. 200 psi isn't enough to keep the truck running.

You could still be looking at an ECM problem but you have other cheaper avenues to run down 1st. If there is no clear path to the problem, you almost always start by running through and testing ALL your cheaper avenue's and parts 1st.
Have you looked at quickserve and gone thru the troubleshooting tree for cranking but won't start?
I changed out the solenoid , I will do the gear pump anyway today. 200psi at cranking , I was reading that was ok . Then if that aint it , ecm it looks original with 20khours on it and its from 07.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 870 2006 fuel lift pump - akwman - 07-12-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.