Swap 10spd to 13spd
07-11-2019, (Subject: Swap 10spd to 13spd ) 
RE: Swap 10spd to 13spd
Hey Guys,

I read all of the time and never post, but I could not pass this up. I live in and go through the PA and surrounding mountains all of the time. I have an 871 tuned to 485 (was a 435 turd). My 2010 Lonestar was a 10 speed with 22.5 low pros and 3.58 rears. The 435 was horrible! My trans was trashed when I bought the truck and I thought that a 13 speed would maintain my top end while the extra splits would decrease the horrible lugging on the inclines, so I replaced with a 13 speed. It came at a cost. The 13 speed had a lower final drive ratio. It was supposed to only be .02 I think but I lost way more than that. It was not the shops fault as they only go by the trans serial number info. I had to goto 22.5 tall rubber to lower my rpms to a reasonable level at 65 to 70 mph (posted speeds). Rawze, I do have an amazing and very reasonable shop to recommend for your forum for trans or clutch work here in PA. Its all they have done since the 60's. My swap with new clutch and flywheel was $6700 and some change. They did it in a few hours and took me into town and picked me up so I could grab a bite to eat. Thank you all for your input and for what you all do every day and Rawze for your dedication to our industry!!

Brendan
Warrior Logistics
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swap 10spd to 13spd - Warrior01 - 07-11-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.