Main bearing cap screw
07-18-2019, (Subject: Main bearing cap screw ) 
RE: Main bearing cap screw
(07-18-2019 )DosGatos Wrote:  Understood. I'll call cummins tomorrow. The head is 330ftlb plus 90 degrees. The main is 110ftlb plus 180 degrees. Which is the greater final torque?

It works out to very similar torque actually, from what I have measured out of curiosity in the past... . Problem is that can one be exchanged for the other, and if so, what is the starting torque, and ending rotation.. and are they compatible. I am thinking the bolt manufacturer would be the one to answer that and not some damn cummins shop, unless there was an official document stating as such, so that one's own arsse is covered in the event of failure. It is unlikely, but a failure of the crank retaining bolt(s) can lead to engine lock-up and sudden loss of control of an 80,000 lb vehicle.

again,... not trying to over-think things,.. just sh$it that comes to mind ... the beer is talking tonite lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Main bearing cap screw - Rawze - 07-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.