Cummins ISX white smoke
08-13-2019, (Subject: Cummins ISX white smoke ) 
Cummins ISX white smoke
I have a 2013 Peterbilt 386 13spd with a Cummins ISX engine. When I’m pulling up a incline i notice light white smoke coming from the passenger side in the exhaust pipe area. The truck i have has side vertical stacks. I took it to the Rush Truck Center Peterbilt in Odessa TX to have it looked at (also had a check engine light). After diagnostic, they determined my fuel pump needed to be replaced (tappets at the top end failed and luckily cause little to no damage to the rollers) and as far as the white smoke they said it was from a bad exhaust bellow. After a week (dealing with the warranty claims) in the shop both was replaced. A few days later it’s still emitting white smoke mostly when i driving up roads pulling hills then go away. Just today i got another check engine message that’s says “Particulate Trap outlet temp” on my fault code screen. Does anyone know what this could mean?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cummins ISX white smoke - momoliver37 - 08-13-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.