2013 ISX 15 Fault Code 3165
08-25-2019, (Subject: 2013 ISX 15 Fault Code 3165 ) 
2013 ISX 15 Fault Code 3165
Problem: Stop Engine light comes on. By the time I could safely get to the shoulder the truck had shut off.

I turned off the key, waited maybe 30 seconds or so, turned the key to on position, it ran through it’s diagnostics, no stop engine light, started truck.

I checked for what was the fault code, 3165. Not waiting to sit on interstate I put it in gear and drove into Las Cruces. When I finally got back on highway I noticed it was blowing a whole bunch of blue smoke that finally did clear. I notice that it will do this if it’s in a regen mode in idle and then I [attachment=5365]start driving again.

So now Im sitting at the TA, of course, Peterbilt is closed here on Sunday.

I’m currently idling and it is doing a regen. What suggestions do any of you have? It says it’s a temp sensor etc on SCR. Should I just sit tight until tomorrow morning and let Peterbilt here take a look or might I be able to keep driving? Considering it shut me down before I’m a bit worried to keep running down the road.

Check engine light is still on but it did complete it’s regen and by all appearances is running fine.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2013 ISX 15 Fault Code 3165 - kozakvod - 08-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.