Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
09-06-2019, (Subject: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on ) 
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
(first video) ...
I usually am testing/smacking one from the top down when it is still bolted on .. but that looks about right for shock-load when testing one.

I test every one I have installed with someone before calling it good. - So far I have not had one from cummins themselves (or stealersh$it ) that was bad. <- Hopefully the ones your buying are certified OEM and not some repaired junk from a shop somewhere? - Just does not sound quite right, as cummins themselves usually do not repair the boards,.. they only re-use the outer frame and put brand new board in them, as it is cheaper than troubleshooting one.

Long term excess vibration somewhere is usually the underlying cause. Crank shaft damper, motor mounts, unbalanced clutch or other components directly connected to the engine.

If there is a lot of vibration from the engine or if your crank shaft damper is old, then it needs replacing too. It can contribute greatly towards this problem at cartian RPM's that are harmonics of the board components in that thing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on - Rawze - 09-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.