Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
09-07-2019, (Subject: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on ) 
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
Update, had the ecm at Cummins yesterday, at first they couldn’t get it to cut out, I called back and told them to try it hot. They put it on a hot plate and were able to get it to cut out. They refuse to warranty it without my truck and I refuse to take my truck to them now that I know it was the ecm, I don’t want to tow it to them and I’m not sure I could make it there with this ecm.

Of course they’re blaming me and my truck....just gonna have to eat the cost of this ecm.

Has anyone here tried a repair service{name removed}? They charge 795$ for fixing one, I may just send them my original one since I know it messes up when it’s not warm. I’m trying to save some money, this thing has already cost me lots of time and money I won’t get back and I don’t want to get another bad ecm from Cummins.

Rawze, I do plan on replacing the crankshaft damper around the 650k mark, after I can get this thing going and save a little more money up. I saw the post where you talked about that and I imagine mine is getting to the point where it’s needing replacing.

Thanks again to all of you for your time and information!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on - Gump12b - 09-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.