Driveline stuff
03-28-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
RE: Driveline stuff
Old thread, but still applies...... getting a slight driveline vibration starting between 35-45ish mph. Due to the type of vibration, it's certainly in the driveline. All the U-joints on both shafts appear fine and I've greased them regularly. However, I can feel a little play in the slip yolk on the front shaft.

- Long story short, I'm just going to replace both shafts /joints entirely.... start from scratch. I purchased this truck with 365k and when Rawze and I looked at the ECM info form the old engine, it looked like the truck had been beat on pretty hard for much of that time. I've since put another 100k mi on her and although as easy as I can be, still can't account for the previous abuse it withstood.

Dropping and replacing both shafts with new in one morning makes more sense from a financial point of view. Even if it costs more initially, the lost revenue of having someone repair what I have would cost much more overall. Plus, it will all be fresh and I'll (hopefully) know what I have.

Could anyone recommend a good driveline shop in the lower Ms/La area? Im within about 20 miles of the Slidell area if anyone is familiar with that location.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Driveline stuff - Mrkentee - 06-14-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - in2trux - 06-15-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - Mrkentee - 06-15-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - SquareOne - 03-28-2020
RE: Driveline stuff - Moose - 03-29-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.