Driveline stuff
03-28-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
RE: Driveline stuff
(03-28-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  idk whole new driveshafts seems excessive in price compared to either replacing the ujoint slip yoke or replacing that one plus having a new one welded onto driveshaft. although i dont know if i would attribute a vibration to the slip joint unless it was actualy slipping over the teeth. i would looke more into just some new ujoints if the shafts are the true cause or maybe new ujoints and a rebalance.

I would assume that slack in a slip joint would mimic a u-joint vibration since it would be lateral play. Just an opinion since I have no proof. However, I'm sure you couldn't properly balance any driveshaft with any amount of play.

- As far as replacing the entire assembly, this is how I look at it...lets say I can get the shaft reworked and corrected with new joints for $5-600 and it takes 2 days to get completed. Sounds like a good deal if work was slow. Now, in reality, that 2 days will cost me $2200 in revenue right now, so the entire repair would be $27-2800. At that rate, I could spend $2500 (which I don't think it will cost) and come out ahead with all new components. No guesswork, just remove and install the new parts...

...Thats my way of thinking at least
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
Driveline stuff - Mrkentee - 06-14-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - in2trux - 06-15-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - Mrkentee - 06-15-2016,
RE: Driveline stuff - SquareOne - 03-28-2020
RE: Driveline stuff - Moose - 03-29-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.