Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo
11-08-2019, (Subject: Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo ) 
RE: Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo
Interesting story..

Customer shows up, had trouble understanding each other, but stating truck no power no boost. I test drove truck found boost was only getting to 15 psi and was very sluggish. A issue we see more times than I can count. So I had a good idea it was program related. Got back to shop and hooked up to computer. Looked at file and found 11 blocked fault codes. I looked at timing and saw it was all over the board -7 range to 4........So I flashed a MM file in it and test drove again... Boost came up to around 38 and power was back but did feel it had some lag.

We dropped the cans and found it had (3) 1" inch holes drilled and was cracking up. So we fix that issue

Then we pressure tested charge air. Did find intake egr piping leaking we removed and resealed it.

We got done around 7 last night. The driver said he's been lied to by other shops and had his money taken and so on. So I advised him to take the truck and run it if its fixed pay me if not he owes nothing.

The driver left out this morning to see how it runs.

I have to say that I only speak English and may be sometimes there's a translation issue more so than shops lying. I try to make out at times but when a customers shakes his yes when I ask a yes or no question I take it we are good...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckDoctor , Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo - Mr Hagg - 11-08-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.