Load Based Speed Control Issue
10-20-2019, (Subject: Load Based Speed Control Issue ) 
RE: Load Based Speed Control Issue
The LBSC greatly screws with proper smooth shifting. I left mine on after MommaBurt tuned my cm870 for me. I was still trying to figure out how to keep my rpm's up and drive the truck differently at the time.

I set the break point to max 1800 rpm and drove it that way for months. I would take the rpm's up to about 1700-1750 and then shift. Which with my 10 speed, would drop me down to about 1200-1250 after shifting. Which was still too low. And if I mistakenly got anywhere close to 1800, it would fall flat on its face and totally screw up the next shift, bad. Forcing me to stay in the current gear and fumble around trying to recover.

Once I found the the LBSC toggle and turned it off... I'll be damned, I was able to take it right up to 1800-1900 rpm nice and gentle. Leisurely shifting into my next gear and I fall right into 1300-1350 range and continue pulling with boost and momentum on my side. This is where I finally started to seeing an extra .5 mpg or so. It took me from the high 6's low 7's to solidly in the 7's all the time. Plus pulling and shifting in the hills I live in was a lot easier.

Im glad I left it on when MommaBurt tuned it. He wanted to disable it but I told him to leave it on because I thought I still needed to have that high RPM governor for engine safety. Boy was I wrong. I was glad I left it on because it allowed me to experience the enormous difference in drivability, fuel mileage and pulling power with and without it.

I'll tell anyone to shut that stupid thing off. Take it right up to 1800-1850, grab your next gear smoothly and keep on tugging. The cm870 loves it. I've purposely taken it up to 1950 and shifted in a couple of ass kickin hills and it didn't hurt a thing. It appears there is an over all engine governor at 2100 rpm that I've mistakenly bounced off of when I've missed a gear and that didn't hurt a thing either. Though I really don't try to take it above 1900 ever. My goal is to shift at 1850 every time. It works extremely well for me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SquareOne , Mattman

Messages In This Thread
RE: Load Based Speed Control Issue - Unilevers - 10-19-2019,
RE: Load Based Speed Control Issue - Unilevers - 10-20-2019,
RE: Load Based Speed Control Issue - Chamberpains - 10-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.